Saturday, April 20, 2013

I still believe

Why is it so wrong to have faith in our government? In our judicial system? In our laws? Why is it that I'm the idiot, the asshole, the stupid one for still believing in my country?

Yes, people have made mistakes. Yes, there have been some innocent people convicted and some guilty people set free. I get that. By no means to I believe that our country is flawless. But overall, I do believe that we have a good country and that we can be incredible.

So while many in the world are breathing a sigh of relief that the second bomber has been caught, I am still stuck on the word "Suspect". Until he is found guilty in a court of law, I will have doubts. Shortly before these two were named suspects, four very innocent people had the finger pointed at them. http://theweek.com/article/index/243028/4-innocent-people-wrongly-accused-of-being-boston-marathon-bombing-suspects

So no, I'm not going to say it's all wrapped up nice and tidy. We still have evidence to collect, a trial to conduct, etc. Of course, there will be a change in jurisdiction. There is no way that this man can get a fair trial in Boston.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm not saying I'm on his side. What I am saying is that I refuse to find a man guilty without the process. I refuse to believe it's over. I refuse to sit back and think it's all over.

It's definitely not. There are broken hearts and broken homes all over the place now. Two people, whoever they may be, chose to take the lives of others. Chose to force people to live in fear. To run for safety, to have an innocent day turn into a horrific memory.

What I am saying is this: I will not condemn a man without him having a fair trial. I will not try a man in the media. I will wait for the court evidence to back it, I will wait for a conviction.

I still believe in my country. I still believe in "Innocent until proven guilty". I still believe in fair trials, and all of that. Am I an idiot? Maybe. But I will not give up on my country. Not now. Not yet.

But if he is guilty? If he's the one who has done all of this? Then stick a bomb up his ass and blow the living shit out of the fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment