Monday, May 27, 2013

Do not thank me today, I am not a hero.

Today is not about me. It's not about those of us who served our country who still have our lives. Today is a day to remember those who never came home. Those who gave their lives for our country. Those who are still missing.

Today is not a day for bbq's and parties. Today is a day to reflect on the lives that are lost so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we have.

Please, do not thank a veteran today. Today is about our fallen comrades. Their families. Today is for the true heroes. Those who went to war and never came back. Remember them. The sacrifices that they made. Their families who spend today at their graves, crying for everything that could have been but isn't.

I am not a hero. I do not need to be thanked. When you thank a soldier today, you are losing sight of what today is really about. Please, I'm begging you. Remember the lives that have been lost. Today, I remember.

Please please remember the true reason for today. It's not for bbq's and parties. It's a time to reflect, to mourn, to honor those who have fallen.

Click here to find those who have given their lives

Today, I can only humbly show my gratitude to those TRUE American heroes.

In my home, we will have a moment of silence today to honor those whose lives have been lost. Please consider doing the same in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment