Tuesday, July 05, 2011

He's gay, I'm a fag hag. So what

I swear to Hades that breeders are some of the dumbest people on Earth. (Yes, I’m a breeder too). I am so sick and  tired of all of the stupid stereotypes that come to play when someone comes out of the closet. I hate hearing that it’s disgusting, or morally wrong.
First of all, no one CHOOSES to be gay. Who in the world would chose a life where they can’t be themselves? Where they are judged on a day to day basis, not only by society but by the people that are supposed to love them unconditionally? Being gay is not contagious. It’s not a disease. There is absolutely nothing  wrong with gays, lesbians, pansexuals, transexuals, bisexuals, trysexuals, asexuals, ambisexuals, heteroflexible, homoflexible, or any other sexual being out there.
Oh, and let’s get a few things straight. First of all, not all gay people are prancing pink princesses. And the ones who are, just have really kick butt  personalities and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either.
Second of all, just because someone is gay, it does not mean that they are attracted to you. I’m so sick of hearing people say that they are fine with gays as long as they don’t hit on them. What makes you think you’re so hot? Believe it or not, the gay world has taste too. Trust me, most of them have really good taste. A few of my  gay guy friends have like superpowers to find the hottest men! I’m so jealous.
Third, not all gay people have random sex. They are not all sluts. Gays are just as capable of being in a committed relationship as you are. They laugh, cry, love and hate just like the rest of us. They want happiness, they want a life where they can love and be loved. No different than you or me.
Fourth, not all gays like Brittany Spears, or glitter. They do not all want to become your shopping buddies, they do not want to make floats and prance around in lingerie. And to the ones that do: I admire your confidence and only wish that I was that comfortable in a corset!
Fifth, someone who is gay does not have to have had sex with the same sex to know that they are gay. Did you have to have sex to know that you were straight? Well? Yeah, that’s what I thought.
So stop being such idiots. A wonderful person once said “I’m so far in the closet, I’m having adventures in Narnia”. This should never happen. Why are we so  harsh, so cruel? Why can’t we just accept that there are men that prefer men and women that enjoy women? That people should be able to  live the way that they want to live without judgement from us? It broke my heart to find out that my friend is scared to come out of the closet to anyone else.  But I can’t blame him. I don’t know that I would either if all there was out of the closet was a bunch of close minded people.
Grow up. Realize that not everyone can be like you (or wants to for that matter). Embrace the differences that we all have. Embrace the rainbow.
I am a total fag hag. Through and through. I love all of my friends, although honestly, I’m pretty partial to my gay friends. I can always count on them being honest with me, I can count on them calling me out when I’m being stupid, and dammit, gays bars are just a hell of a good time.
You’re missing out on some pretty amazing people when you close your mind. You will never know the utter awesomeness of some, because you’re too busy judging them to really open your eyes and see who they are. Try taking the blinders off. Give each person a chance. Judge them by what they do to you. How they treat you. Don’t judge without ever having talked to them. Without having spent time with someone.
Don’t make a painful life worse. You have no idea how important a friends acceptance can be. It can honestly be the difference between life and death for some. But that’s for another day

No comments:

Post a Comment